Terms & Conditions of Use
Updated: 11th Sept 2017 Published: 11th Sept 2017
1. INTRODUCTION: Welcome to startup-right.co.uk (the “Website”), a community website where you can read, vote, comment, take part in community based discussions and more (the “Website Service”). This Website and the Website Service is operated and maintained by the Startup-Right team (“We” or “Us”).
3. GENERAL RULES RELATING TO CONDUCT: The Website Service is made available for your own, personal and business related use. The Website Service must not be used for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. When you use the Website Service you must comply with all applicable UK laws relating to online conduct (including, without limitation, content which can be posted online) and with any applicable international laws, including the local laws in your country of residence (together referred to as “Applicable Laws”).
4. CONTENT SUBMITTED TO THE WEBSITE: You are responsible for any information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages or other content (“Content”) which you post or upload and/or display (in public or privately) to the Website. Startup-right may (but shall not be obliged to) delete, edit, lock, move or remove any Content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any Content is posted, uploaded and/or displayed without notice and for any reason.
If you upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content to the Website, you automatically: (a) grant other users of the Website and the Website Service the right to access the same and use it in accordance with these Terms. (b) grant Startup-right a non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable, perpetual, world-wide licence to use, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content on and through the Website and the Website Service and in any other form or medium. You continue to own the Content after it is posted to the Website.
You acknowledge that Startup-right will not screen or otherwise check any Content which is submitted by you or any other user of the Website Service before it is posted, not monitor yours or any person’s use of the Website Service. As such, you as the user of the Website Service are responsible for any Content you submit to the Website and the way the Website Service is used under your username. If you become aware of any misuse of the Website Service by any person including (without limitation) any posting of Content which violates these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. SPECIFIC RULES RELATING TO CONDUCT: You agree that when using the Website Service you will comply with all Applicable Laws (as defined in paragraph 3), these Terms and you acknowledge that you are responsible for all acts and omissions which occur under your username. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
a. Upload, post or otherwise display Content which is or promotes behaviour which violates the rights (including, without limitation, the intellectual property rights) of a third party or which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, flaming, hateful, offensive (whether in relation to sex, race, religion or otherwise) harassing, hateful, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 years, or contains any illegal content;
b. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content which contains software viruses or any other files or programs that may interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Website or the Website or any server or networks connected to the Website;
c. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content containing a photograph of another person unless you have obtained that person’s consent;
d. Harvest or collect any IP addresses or email addresses or other contact information of any members of the Website, by electronic means or otherwise; or
e. Restrict or in any way inhibit any other person’s use of the Website;
f. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content which is false, misleading, un-necessary and/or repetitive including any Content which is inaccurate, out of date or repeats that previously uploaded, posted or displayed by you or another visitor, unless absolutely necessary;
g. Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content to a part of the Website which is irrelevant to the subject matter of the Content;
h. Use the Website in a manner that is inconsistent with these Terms and/or any Applicable Laws in force from time to time or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity;
i. Breach the terms of any suspension or ban or seek alternative access;
j. In the interests of free speech, bring any action for defamation against Startup-right;
k. Use or solicit any other user personal data for any purpose other than establishing lawful contact that such user would reasonably expect to welcome;
m. Submit Content owned by a third party without consent from that third party or submit Content in a manner which expressly or impliedly infers that such Content is sponsored or endorsed by the Website;
n. Use the Website in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity or in a manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website or the Website Service;
o. Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Website;
p. Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the Website or use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other device to retrieve or index any part of the Website or re-format or frame any portion of the web pages comprising the Website, unless permitted by law;
q. Remove or obstruct from view any advertisements and/or any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained on or in the Website;
r. Contact any other user of the Website if they have expressly asked you not to;
s. Attempt to impersonate any other user of the Website;
t. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content comprising an advertisement or accept payment or anything of value from any person in exchange for you uploading, posting or displaying any Content or otherwise performing any commercial activity on or through the Website or the Website Service on behalf of such person You agree to indemnify Startup-right in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which they suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Website and/or the Website Service, and any use of the same under your username other than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Law.
6. CONTENT: The copyright in all material contained on, in, or available through the Website including all information, data, text, sound, photographs, graphics and video messages, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other material (“Material”) is owned by or licensed to Startup-right. All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Material for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Material (other than Content posted by you) without Startup-right’s express permission.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (“Trade Marks”) contained on or in the Website are owned by Startup-right or third party partners of Startup-right. You cannot use, copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trade Marks without the prior written consent of Startup-right or the relevant third party partner of Startup-right.
8. Disclaimer / Liability: use of the website and/or the website service is at your own risk. The website is provided on an “as is” basis. to the maximum extent permitted by law: (a) startup-right disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise in relation to the website; and (b) all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the website and/or the website service (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise), including (without limitation) any warranty, term or condition as to accuracy, completeness, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose or any special purpose, availability, non infringement, information accuracy, interoperability, quiet enjoyment and title are, as between startup-right and you, hereby excluded. In particular, but without prejudice to the foregoing, we accept no responsibility for the conduct of any user of the website; any error, delay or failure in the transmission of any communication; any technical failure of the internet, the website; or any damage or injury to users or their equipment as a result of or relating to their use of the website.
Startup-right will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Website and/or the Website Service, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss.
10. ADVERTISERS ON THE WEBSITE: We accept no responsibility for adverts posted on the Website. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises on the Website, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not Startup-right, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
12. COPYRIGHT POLICY: It is our policy to terminate any person’s account with us if they repeatedly infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others. If you believe any of your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way which infringes your intellectual property or proprietary rights, please contact us by any of the means set out in paragraph 15. You will need to provide us with the following information: (i) a description of the work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the alleged infringing copy of it; (ii) a description of where the alleged infringing copy has been posted on the Website; (iii) your contact details; (iv) a written statement, signed by you, to confirm that you are the owner of the work or you are authorised to act on the owner’s behalf and the information you have provided to us is accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief.
14. GENERAL: These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and Startup-right concerning your use of the Website and the Website Service and supersede any previous arrangement, agreement, undertaking or proposal, written or oral between you and Startup-right in relation to such matters. Startup-right reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time. If it does so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is uploaded on to this the Website and your continued use of the Website Service following any changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on behalf of Startup-right.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or your use of the Website and/or the Website Service. If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Startup-right’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Startup-right in writing. Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms shall create any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you, Startup-right and its group of companies.